Travel to Diep Son island with a unique beach walk
Renowned for its unique beach walk, fine white sand, and clear blue water, Diep Son Island is gradually becoming one of the tourist islands in Khanh Hoa. What are you waiting for? Do not go to discover the island of Diep Son with tour guide island Diep Son full of Vietnamtips only!
Where is Diep Son Island?
Diep Son is a range of 3 small islands: Hon Bim – Hon Giai – Hon Diem located in the waters of Van Phong Bay, Van Gia Town, Khanh Hoa Province. Although still wild and not many signs of mining, Diep Son attract tourists by the sea road stretching nearly 700m. This is a unique experience only in Diep Son and this beautiful island is comparable to the famous four of Khanh Hoa: Binh Ba – Binh Hung – Binh Lap – Binh Tien.
The ideal time to visit Diep Son island
From December to June is the best time to travel to Diep Son island Khanh Hoa. At this time, the weather on the island is quite pleasant, the climate is dry, warm and less rain, which facilitates smooth play. Those who are sick with waves also feel less uncomfortable when moving to the island by boat.
Transfer to Diep Son Island
Depending on the budget and time you can choose the right vehicle for your trip.
Depending on the time of booking and fare, visitors can choose between: fly to Tuy Hoa (Phu Yen) or fly to Cam Ranh (Khanh Hoa). The distance from Tuy Hoa airport to Van Gia is shorter (50km) than the distance from Cam Ranh airport to Van Gia (100km). However, Cam Ranh (Nha Trang) has more choice of airlines and flights.
Both Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar, and Vietjet Air have operated a round-trip flight to Cam Ranh (Nha Trang) departing from Saigon, Hanoi, and Da Nang. Meanwhile, only Jetstar and Vietjet Air have operated return flights to Tuy Hoa (Phu Yen) departing from Saigon and Hanoi.
Travel by Train
If you want to see the scenery on the go, you can choose the train as a means of travel.
– From Hanoi: You can choose Ha Noi – Tuy Hoa. Train ticket price from 500-1tr300k / pass/person (depending on seat type and type of boat). After arriving at Tuy Hoa Station, continue to Van Gia (50km).
– From Saigon: Choosing Ho Chi Minh – Nha Trang will be more convenient for traveling. Train ticket price from 180-600k / person/person (depending on seat type and type of boat). Then continue from Nha Trang station to Van Gia (50km)
Travel by Car
– From Ha Noi: You should choose the bus to Nha Trang of Hoang Long car and then down in Van Gia town. Travel time is about 16 hours. Ticket price from 600-800k.
– From Sai Gon: There are 3 Ha Linh, Quang Hanh and Lien-Hung bus stations operating in Ho Chi Minh City – Van Gia Bus Station, departing from the Eastern Bus Station, fare from 190-220k / The time goes from 8-10 hours.
How to go to Diep Son island
After coming to Van Gia town, you can move to Diep Son island in one of two ways:
– Method 1: Moved to Van Gia fish port, there is a ship to Diep Son range 9h – 11 am (depending on the water every day), the ship to land about 5h – 6 am. Round trip ticket is 200k / person. The train will take 30 – 40 minutes to Diep Son. However, in a first way, the running time of the train is not fixed, so you can easily get stuck on the island.
The second way: From Van, Gia port goes about 8km to Tan Dan. Opposite Tan Dan family has a small alley running to the sea, you go about a few hundred meters asking Uncle Tu Nghia to rent boats to the island (tel: 01667982151). When moving to the island by boat, it only takes about 15 minutes. Rental price from 200k-300k for 6 people. Because the boat is so small you should pay attention not to exceed the number of people to ensure safety.
What is playing Diep Son Island?
Conquer the unique sea path
One of the sure things to do when in Nha Trang Diep Son Island is to discover the path between the unique sea in Vietnam. When the train stops near the island in the middle, you can get off the train and start the journey to conquer the road between the sea passing through three islands nearly 700m long. The white sandy beach about 1m wide, in the middle of the blue sea, will make visitors feel both excited and nervous.
From the 1st to the 15th lunar month, retreat in the afternoon, and from the 15th to the end of the lunar month, the water will retreat in the morning, so you should note to be able to explore the most visible road.
Immerse yourself in the green Diep Son island
Another interesting thing when you come to Diep Son Island is that you can flirt in cool water, green on long beaches and enjoy the fresh air, feel peaceful when walking along the beach, dispel all the stress in life to be in harmony with nature here.
At Diep Son, there are a number of travel companies organizing kayaking activities for tourists. Guests can rent this service to have fun and discover Dép Son Island in the most novel way.
Explore the distant islands
Come to discover Diep Son island, do not forget to rent a boat and explore the
Experience the life of Diep Son people
Although Diep Son islanders are very poor and needy, they are very friendly, simple and hospitable. Visitors can follow the fishermen to experience more about a working day of the people here or explore the market space island Diep Son and enjoy the fresh seafood, delicious.
Overnight in Diep Son island
Diep Son Island is still wild and has not focused on tourism development so there are no hotels and guesthouses. Normally people will leave the island during the day, so you can stay inland hotels in Van Ninh (Khanh Hoa), Nha Trang or Phu Yen.
Dai Lanh Beach Hotel
Address: Dong Nam Village, Dai Lanh Commune, Van Ninh District, Khanh Hoa Province
The distance from the resort to Diep Son Island is just over 20km. The bungalows are decorated in colorful colors, and the rooms also have views of the Dai Lanh sea. Room rates from 300-500k.
My Way Hotel Nha Trang
Address: 34/5 Nguyen Thien Thuat, Tan Lap, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa
Standard: 3 stars
Bedroom space My Way Hotel Nha Trang is decorated courteously
101 Star Hotel
Address: 1B Quan Tran, Hung Vuong, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa
Standard: 3 stars
Saigon Phu Yen Hotel
Address: 541 Tran Hung Dao, Ward 6, Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen
Standard: 4 stars
You can view more hotel choices on Vietnamtips website
In addition, if you want more experience in Diep Son, you can choose to spend the night on the island. You can ask for homestay or take a tent to camp on the beach. Groups of visitors often prefer camping at the first beach near Island 1 because they can see the full sunrise and sunset on the island and ensure the safest. Bai 2 and 3 are often far from the population and more dangerous when the tide is high.
Eat at Diep Son
Because there are very few restaurants on the island and there are only 2-3 small grocery stores with not many items and prices are quite expensive, so you should also prepare snacks and drinks before you leave.
If you come to the island in the morning, you can go to seafood market on the beach to enjoy soup, bread, porridge and seafood pancakes. … Because the market only in the morning so buy seafood and ask people to cook. Make the most of the freshest seafood of the day.
Some note when going to Diep Son island
– Electricity on the island is only from 18h – 21h so be prepared to prepare spare batteries, flashlights, etc. If you use electricity from people, please pay for them because the electricity on the island is very expensive.
– The island is pristine and very clean so people always have the sense of keeping the general hygiene, clean the accommodation before leaving and do not litter indiscriminately. If possible, bring it all to the mainland as waste disposal on the island often costs more and affects the environment.
Diep Son has no formal beach so the surrounding areas are usually shallow. Please pay attention when swimming to avoid jellyfish,…
You should prepare fresh water and waste bags before moving to the island because the island has very little fresh water.
– Because life on the island is inadequate and difficult, you can bring clothes, candy, books or school supplies to children on the island if you can. Make sure your move is memorable and meaningful.
– You should not make noise or discomfort in public places, especially in the area close to the people and always keep polite to avoid affecting the lives of people here.
Vietnamtips hope that the travel guide on the island Diep Son will give you the experience is very interesting and memorable!